Are you a lawyer in good standing?
Want to help someone given a long sentence for a non-violent offense?
Join Clemency Project 2014
Clemency (reduction in sentence)
- Serving a federal sentence;
- Serving a sentence that, if imposed today, would be substantially shorter;
- Have a non-violent history with no significant ties to organized crime, gangs or cartels;
- Have served at least 10 years;
- Have no significant prior convictions; and
- Have demonstrated good conduct in prison.
How can I volunteer?
- Take the training (Watch the on demand videos at your leisure)
- Current CJA panel member are exempt from training
- Complete the survey
- Evaluate an applicant under the above criteria
For more information go to:
The American Bar Association, the American Civil Liberties Union, Families Against Mandatory Minimums, the Federal Public and Community Defenders, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers have joined together under a working group they call Clemency Project 2014. Through the efforts of Clemency Project 2014, the participating organizations will identify potential clemency petitioners and recruit and train volunteer lawyers to assist them in securing clemency.
Download brochure here.